GUEST Larry Middleman
The “OG” of business lending CEOs, Larry Middleman, joins Mark in this episode to talk about credit union collaboration and CUSOs. Larry and Mark talk about the old days when business services were a new concept, how they have evolved, and where the credit union industry is headed in the upcoming years. They address how CUSOs are going to assist the industry. Larry breaks some special news as well!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:35] Larry’s background and experience
- [03:36] Larry shares a special announcement
- [8:05] Mark and Larry talk about the importance of building relationships in banking
- [11:27] How regulations have evolved
- [19:19] Current and upcoming strengths and challenges for the credit union industry
- [24:54] How to connect with CUBG
- The credit union industry has transformed and evolved a lot in the last 20 years, earning the trust of business leaders as well as consumers.
- Making financial relationships more personal will help credit unions to expand services.
- Instead of only focusing on large loans, credit unions are starting to focus on how to obtain deposits as well.
Are you a small business owner or real estate investor looking for financing?
Larry Middleman has been the CEO of CU Business Group since its inception 20 years ago. Larry is a thought leader in the industry that barely existed when he took over the helm at CUBG. He has been a member of the National Credit Union Foundation’s Board of Directors as well during his tenure.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.