Expand Your Commercial Real Estate Portfolio with Craig Page
GUEST Craig Page
Mark welcomes our newest executive, Craig Page, to MBFS as the Chief Revenue Officer. Mark and Craig talk about best practices for a national loan origination program and the good/bad of today’s marketplace. They review the results from the first half of 2022 and the outlook for the second half of the year. Tune in to today’s episode for some risk management tools you definitely want to be using in your portfolio. You will also be challenged to consider loans outside of your zip code.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:38] Craig shares his origin story.
- [03:12] Considering loans outside your own neighborhood.
- [06:56] Risk management tools credit unions should use in their portfolio.
- [09:26] Trends in the current market.
- [15:29] A review of 2022 so far and a look forward.
- [23:58] Loan originations when times are a little more stressful.
- Loans can be acquired outside of your direct perimeter now. It is important to focus on risk management.
- Regardless of the market, you still need to focus on the underwriting of loans and thoroughly vetting them.
- Research is vital in deciding whether it is smart to take out a loan or not. What doesn’t initially seem like it would be a good investment, could be a great investment, and vice versa, something pretty and shiny could actually be very risky.
Partner with MBFS or Nu Direction Lending
Are you a small business owner or real estate investor looking for financing?
Craig Page is the recently appointed Chief Revenue Officer at MBFS. After a lengthy career as a CUSO executive managing the risk for a large commercial real estate portfolio, Craig has joined MBFS to build out a national CRE origination and participation program. Welcome aboard Craig!
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.