Guest: Jeff Lyons
2022! What a year! Jeff and Mark recap the highs and lows of 2022, where the industry is at now, and what they think the future will look like. Listen in to hear the current trends, the highs and lows of the year, and what they are looking forward to in 2023!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:00] Jeff and Mark break down the past year, the good & bad.
- [07:40] Credit team underwriting.
- [12:00] Having lending conversations with business owners.
- [18:12] Mark and Jeff discuss the current recession.
- [24:19] Jeff shares his favorite parts of 2022.
- Each year will bring highs and lows, but adjusting to them and being there for your community are key in building and maintaining those good relationships with consumers.
- Consistency is key throughout the highs and lows.
Are you a small business owner or real estate investor looking for financing?
Jeff Lyons is the COO of MBFS and oversees several functions at MBFS such as credit, sales, and several other operational areas. Jeff joined MBFS after several years leading business lending at a New Jersey credit union but has also been a small business owner.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.
“What you have to do is maintain that credit quality. A lot of times the banking or lending in just commercial lending is a rollercoaster. It’s up and down, it’s good times and bad times. And if you’re consistent in your credit quality, you’ll get through those peaks and valleys just fine.”Jeff Lyons
“The part of the attraction for me in the credit union space, beyond really helping your community, is that cooperative spirit that comes in the credit union world that you don’t necessarily see in the banking world.”Jeff Lyons