GUEST Derek Ezovski
On today’s episode of Credit Union Conversations, Mark is joined by Derek Ezovski. Derek has considerable experience in environmental and property risk management. Spending his entire career helping companies create best practices, Derek shares with us about his business, ORMS, hot-button topics and information on lending and environmental risks to consider. Tune in to learn more!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [04:00] Derek talks about his background working in environmental insurance
- [10:00] Being aware of the environmental risk of lending
- [14:00] Derek talks about SBA Environmental Policy two-tiered program
- [22:00] Hot button topics in Environmental business
- Environmental risk assessment is the ‘necessary evil’
- It’s better to get in front of an environmental issue, when it’s easier to manage
- If you take on a loan, you should know the risk that comes with it
Are you a small business owner or real estate investor looking for financing?
Derek Ezovski has extensive experience in environmental and property risk management. Derek has spent his entire professional career helping companies create best practices to manage their risks via engineering solutions, insurance, and information needs. He has a very unique background focused on business development to the financial services community which is why ORMS was founded.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.
“Most environmental issues are manageable if you have the time to manage them and you’re not under the gun. So I think the key is to get as much information out front as quickly as possible.”Derek Ezovski
“If you want to take on a loan that’s got environmental risk on it that’s up to you and you should definitely consider the risks that come with that.”Derek Ezovski