Ellen Thorn Page
What’s the reality of a work from home company and their staff? On today’s episode, Mark Ritter and Ellen Thorn talk about their experiences managing a work from home staff and the reality of what it is like on a day-to-day basis. Tune in to learn more from Mark and Ellen!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:00] Ellen explains her background and current role at MBFS.
- [07:39] What works well when managing remote teams?
- [15:00] Being able to open up the applicant pool as a remote company.
- [22:00] Tips for managing technical needs for your remote team.
- [27:50] How to promote camaraderie, relationship building, and teamwork on remote teams.
- Employees tend to love the freedom and flexibility that working from home gives them, in turn making them more productive.
- Instead of having to hire someone who is in commuting distance, jobs can be filled by anyone from anywhere.
- IT can be the most challenging piece to manage for remote teams
Are you a small business owner or real estate investor looking for financing?
Ellen Thorn is an executive at MBFS overseeing the loan operations and financial activity of MBFS. Ellen joined MBFS after a career in commercial loan servicing and has been integral to the growth of the organization.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.
“Managing teams like this, when they’re happy, they have more flexibility, more control, it’s pretty easy. The work tends to take care of itself and, and if it gets done and the clients are happy that’s a huge clue it’s working.”Ellen Thorn
“I think as a management team, do the best you can to keep that line of communication open with employees, get that time to at least get everybody together to talk about issues.”Ellen Thorn