Guest: Kirk Kordeleski
Kirk and Mark talk about the state of today’s credit union industry and attempt to solve all the current climate issues. Kirk talks to Mark about the challenges for credit unions today in attracting and retaining the best talent.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [03:19] Kirk shares his employment background and what he is currently doing.
- [10:22] Kirk discusses how he came to know the right questions to ask as a leader.
- [12:03] The concept of national credit unions and the complexity of that operation.
- [15:22] Ai technology has exploded and will change the way we do business.
- [19:57] Liquidity pressures and how credit unions need to adapt quicker.
- [24:55] Kirk explains what the job market is like for positions in the industry.
- [27:53] Salaries are up in the industry, so other credit unions can take your talented employees and long-term, the agency suffers.
- [31:06] The benefits of a 457f plan and a split-dollar-based insurance program.
- [39:23] Kirk shares his contact information and welcomes the contact.
- Knowing a credit union’s functions from the ground up can not be overstated as you move into a leadership role.
- Ai technology is the pivotal point that will change how credit unions function, and they must adapt.
- It pays to take care of your employees if you want to retain them. CEOs can work from home and only go into the office a few times a month and, therefore, can be recruited and work for anyone.
Kirk Kordeleski – 516-528-5057
Kirk Kordeleski is well-known in the credit union industry as a longtime executive at a large organization. These days, Kirk assists credit unions in retaining talent through OM Financial, an executive benefits consulting firm.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.