Guest: Alisha Martin
Joining Mark today is one of his favorite people in the credit union space along with being the most inspirational. Alisha Martin’s journey is one of resilience and perseverance. Today, Alisha runs the business development efforts at Suncoast and Mark and Alisha talk about what works and what doesn’t in today’s marketplace to acquire new members.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:54] Alisha introduces herself and shares her background and work story.
- [5:19] Alisha explains what Suncoast does and how they are customer-friendly.
- [9:09] Alisha describes her role as Vice President of Development for Suncoast Credit Union.
- [13:00] Mark asks Alisha to share a personal story that might have been devastating; however, Alisha has determination and overcomes.
- [22:46] Alisha discusses the importance of aligning yourself with individuals you want to work with.
- [28:09] Alisha shares her approach to her position as Vice President of Development for Suncoast Credit Union.
- [32:57] Alisha admits that she is shy and tells how she finds balance in her position.
- Suncoast is the largest credit union in Florida, having just crossed 14.4 billion in deposits.
- Suncoast Credit Union is customer-friendly and tries to do whatever it takes to work with its members.
- When life takes you in a direction you never saw coming and wouldn’t wish on anyone, attitude, determination and inner strength can turn it around for the better.
Alisha Martin has lived in Lakeland for the last 20 years. 15 of those years have been focused on banking and commercial real estate. With degrees in Business Administration, Business Management, and International Business, she has originated, syndicated, and serviced commercial loans with credit unions nationwide.
As the Vice President of Development for Suncoast Credit Union, she is focused on growth opportunities and relationships in the surrounding areas in Central Florida.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.