Guest: Andy Turner
If you like college football talk sprinkled in with your credit union talk, this is the episode for you. Mark and Andy catch up on Penn State football before a deep dive into how LoanStar helps credit unions and the current lending/regulatory environment.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:32] Andrew shares his background before starting Lone Star Technologies.
- [5:18] Andrew explains what Lone Star does.
- [8:14] Mark and Andrew talk about Penn State football.
- [10:26] Andrew discusses what surprised him about working with credit unions.
- [13:39] Andrew explains how he flips around the conversation with a credit union to include what kind of portfolio they are looking for.
- [19:53] Andrew discusses the diversity and expertise his firm brings to the table.
- [23:45] Andrew talks about his business during the pandemic.
- [28:29] Andrew predicts opportunities that could evolve in the future.
- [6:14] Lone Star Technologies partners with credit unions to provide a transparent product everyone understands.
- [16:17] Andrew describes what sets people in the merchant lending business apart to make them more successful than some peers.
- [19:53] Andrew discusses the diversity and expertise Lone Star Technologies brings to the table
Andy Turner has been the CEO of LoanStar Technologies for the past seven years. LoanStar works with credit unions and small businesses to bring merchant financing to lenders nationwide. Prior to founding LoanStar, Andy was an executive for financial services software companies.
Mark Ritter is the CEO of MBFS and an expert in credit unions and business lending. His primary role at MBFS is overseeing the strategy of helping credit unions assist members with business needs and consulting with credit unions on planning the delivery of services to their membership.